I'm trying to get to the many updates needed on my website, but we are ill and I'm not up for much at the moment. However, I stumbled upon this excellent item this morning and had to share:
"The 10 Net Commandments
1. Thou shalt not buy merchandise found in pop ups or spam.
2. Thou shalt not post thy email address, phone number, address or social security number on the internet, NOR SHALT THOU POST ANYONE ELSE'S.
3. Thou shalt not forget to update thy Windows software with important updates.
4. Thou shalt not connect to the internet without installing an antivirus program, nor shalt thou begin a scan without checking for updates.
5. Thou shalt not connect to the internet without installing a firewall.
6. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's credit card number, nor his bank routing number, nor his social security number.
7. Thou shalt not enter thy credit card number without seeing the tiny padlock icon on thy status bar.
8. Thou shalt not reply to the email from the Nigerian banker.
9. Thou shalt not forward chain letters to thy friends and family. (Friends and family, please take note!)
10. Thou shalt not use "password" as thy password, nor thy birthday, nor thy children's names."
Please note that I am not attempting to copyright the above quote. I don't know who owns it, if anyone, and want you to please feel free to pass the part between the quotation marks along.
Radish First - *Radish First*
3 years ago