Greener Pastures Farm - Current News

Jon kneels down to let the pregnant Cascade Farmstead ewes check him out. Visit our website to learn more about these great little low-maintenance, no-shear, meat sheep!


Sunday, June 6, 2010

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

Confucius says… Man who says ‘cannot be done’ should not interrupt woman doing it.

Yup.

I’m a ‘can do’ sort of person, and have accomplished a number of things in my life that I never dreamed I’d be doing. But when opportunity arose, the challenge presented itself, my ‘can do’ attitude kicked into gear and boy, did I get things done!

So when I encounter an “it can’t be done” personality… you know, one of those people who say ‘you can’t get there from here’ and other such the-glass-is-half-empty comments, my glass-is-half-full attitude tries really hard to help.

But you can’t help someone who isn’t willing to help themselves.

I encountered such a person a few days ago. Boy, am I glad he didn’t call back! Because after 2 phone calls from him to receive solutions from me (it became apparent by the end of the first call that he wasn’t going to become a customer, but I was still willing to help and advise him in his quest), by the end of the 2nd phone call, I did something I’d never done before… I called him on the carpet regarding the negativity and the “I can’t do that” responses to the many solutions I was offering to help him DO WHAT HE WANTED TO DO!

I don’t know what that was all about, but I’d had more than enough.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming. Things are good here. Good things happen (mostly). Beautiful lambs are born. Chickens lay eggs. Sheep graze pastures. Honey bees are surviving the constant rain. Our old truck died, but we replaced it, and are grateful for the nearly 2 decades of service that it gave us.

And my son is writing his Salutatorian speech.

Happy smile. The glass is at least half full.

No comments:

Post a Comment